Amos is an old man who is very protective of his pets. He has a softer side towards his dogs. He is described as a trigger happy lunatic by Widow Tweed when they are in a argument. Amos got upset when Tod nearly chased his chickens. Amos Slade however, does care for his pets. At the end of the film, Amos shows remorse after Tod saved him from the dangerous bear.
Amos is shown to be cowardly when he gets attacked by The Bear.
Amos Slade was strict as he didn't allow his youngest pet dog, Copper to wander off when he was a puppy.
- In the first film he was played by the late actor Jack Albertson, and then Jeff Bennet in the midquel.
- Amos Slade is a chicken farmer.
- Amos Slade has two pet dogs named Chief and Copper.
- Amos's truck is a 1923 Ford Model T. However in the first movie it is shown never to have a windshield but, in the second film it does. It was either a fix or replacement.
- Amos resembles the Milkman from the Aristocats.
- Amos has the same eyebrows as his oldest dog, Chief.
- Amos was animated by John Pomeroy and Ron Husband.
- According to Chief, Amos cooks grits and fatback.
- Amos Slade keeps animal skins in his shed.
- It is possible that Amos Slade redeems himself after he lowered his gun and lets Tod live.
- He is very professional at hunting.
- His last name is Slade which means little valley.
- Amos's performance model was Art Stevens.
- He is Widow Tweed's neighbor.
- Amos in Hebrew means carried, strong, or brave.
- The color of his hat is olive green.
- Amos Slade's gun is a rifle.